Study of the formation & maintenance of attitudes, social stereotypes and the desire to conform are central to our understanding of our social beliefs and judgements about other individuals and groups. Communication professionals in corporate communication, health communication, advertising, public relations and journalism will gain a deeper understanding of the dynamics of persuasive messages through understanding practice, theories and research on behaviour and attitudes, on prejudice, aggression, altruism and interpersonal attraction.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Describe, critically analyse and integrate information into coherent arguments about a range of theories and related research in the field of Attitudes, Persuasion, Leadership and Conformity
2. Apply subject content to a range of practical problems using skills of analysis, synthesis and application.
3. Demonstrate understanding and skill in research, teamwork, group problem solving, and report writing.
4. Demonstrate command of the research process by constructing a literature survey and persuasive campaign project.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of details and shows understanding of a concepts and theories about Attitudes, Persuasion Leadership and Conformity
No prior knowledge required.