This subject introduces changes to traditional media, new computer-based communication systems and revolutionary changes in telecommunications. New communication technologies are examined in their social context by drawing on studies in economics, psychology, sociology, business and other social sciences and humanities disciplines. Digitisation, convergence and technological determinism are explored.
|Faculty of Society & Design|
- September 2018 [Standard Offering]
- January 2019 [Standard Offering]
- September 2019 [Standard Offering]
|Available to Study Abroad students|
- Communication and Creative Media
- Commencing in 2018: $4,247
- Commencing in 2019: $4,290
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the key concepts and theories used to debate the merits of emerging media.
2. Demonstrate ability to debate in written and oral work the opposing perspectives commonly held about the value of emerging media for the health of our society.
3. Demonstrate ability to create on-line publications including a podcast and a blog.
4. Demonstrate ability to complete work suitable for public dissemination by creating professional content according to deadlines.
No prior knowledge required.