The subject will give students an overview of current industry trends and issues facing brands, marketing departments and advertising agencies today. It will provide students with an understanding of how to formulate effective, engaging brand communication and an understanding of the measures employed in auditing the performance of these promotional campaigns and programs. It will help students to understand the new role of advertising agencies with a focus on brand strategy, creativity and innovation. Throughout the subject, students will examine a range of theories and practical tools which can assist in the understanding of current issues in customer engagement, interactivity and consumer behaviour. The subject will also address critical perspectives and ethical issues arising from the new media environment and new advertising practices and prepare students for further studies in this area.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Demonstrate understanding of how powerful, integrated marketing communication strategies and inventive brand experiences can drive value for a brand and business.
2. Demonstrate ability to set measurable objectives for evaluation of all forms of communication.
3. Demonstrate ability to critically reflect on the role of advertising within the context of contemporary strategic business operations.
4. Demonstrate ability to apply acquired theoretical knowledge to the role of advertising practitioners.
5. Demonstrate ability to further develop research skills in the field of advertising and communication.
6. Demonstrate an advanced awareness for ethical issues regarding new media/experiential advertising practices.
|Withdraw – Financial?||26/06/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||11/07/2019|
|Withdraw – Financial?||04/07/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||16/07/2020|