|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
Creative insights are central to problem-solving and designing effective and memorable advertising campaigns. They are powerful in connecting messages with audiences, building brand recognition, and providing a good financial return on advertising investments. The challenge is how to develop creative problem-solving capacity; engage in different thinking; and become confident dealing with ambiguity, contradictions, uncertainty, novelty, and the unexpected. In this subject, you are encouraged to experiment with developing concepts through play and taking creative risks. You will explore different creative thinking practices, theories and processes, and use your new perspectives to develop creative message solutions.
- Explore and evaluate the effectiveness and appropriateness of multiple creative process methods and creative thinking practices.
- Identify barriers to creative ideation and develop practical strategies to overcome them.
- Develop your creative insight by experimenting with multiple communication challenges.
- Apply creative thinking techniques, approaches and processes by crafting a variety of communication solutions in the context of advertising, branding and integrated marketing communications.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
- May 2023 [Standard - Standard [May 2023]]
- May 2022 [Standard - Standard [May 2022]]
- May 2021 [Standard - Standard [May 2021]]
- May 2020 [Standard - Standard [May 2020]]
- September 2019 [Standard - Standard [September 2019]]
- September 2018 [Standard - Standard [September 2018]]
- September 2017 [Standard - Standard [September 2017]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|