|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
This subject introduces students to accounting concepts, procedures, and influences under which basic financial statements are prepared, and focuses on how financial and business information is used for decision-making by various stakeholders. Students are also introduced to concepts of governance, social responsibility, business ethics, and the ethical standards expected of accountants, and they will integrate this knowledge to make decisions and solve problems in a range of complex, contemporary business situations. The use of both manual and computerised accounting systems is explored, and the use of other contemporary business software platforms will develop technology skills which are fundamental to accounting practice.
- Explain the purpose of accounting and financial reporting, and the influences on the preparation and presentation of financial statements.
- Identify, measure, record, and report financial information in accordance with the Conceptual Framework of Accounting and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Critically apply accounting concepts and principles to record business transactions for a range of business structures using accrual accounting and the double-entry system.
- Use an accounting software package to record and process accounting information.
- Critically evaluate and synthesise financial and other business-related information in complex decision-making situations.
- Apply the standards, ethics, and professional values of the accounting profession to solve complex issues.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Basic spreadsheet skills are required for learning activities
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|