Financial services make up one of the economy's most important and influential sectors. A postgraduate degree in financial management can earn you a senior finance related role and open the doors to career opportunities in a wide range of industries in personal, consumer and corporate finance.
Chief financial officer
A Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is one of the highest-ranking executives in a company and reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The main role of a CFO is to manage a company’s finances, including profit and loss reporting, budget allocation, financial forecasting and financial risk management.
CFOs typically have a strong educational background with a high level of leadership experience in business, accounting and financial management.
A financial analyst is responsible for running the accounting and financial activities of an organisation. They analyse the economic stability of the company, and provide financial information to other departments, enabling these departments to make budgeting and investment decisions.
A career as a stockbroker takes confidence and strong mathematical ability. Stockbrokers deal with all kinds of tasks in the financial world and serve as an adviser for clients and prospective clients. A licence and registration are required to work in this field from the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
The top job title held by a Bond Business Alumni is director, closely followed by managing director, manager, owner and CEO. Among the top 10 employers are KPMG, PWC, EY, Deloitte, and the Big 4 Banks. Bond Business School degrees are highly regarded by industry and internationally recognised to help you land that job after graduation.
Bond Business School is among less than 7% of the world’s 13,000 business programs to have earned accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and less than 2% have earned European Foundation for Management Development's (EFMD) European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation. Bond Business School is both AACSB and EQUIS accredited placing us in the top 2% of Business Schools in the world.
Bond Business School is also one of four universities in Australia who are members of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), a tangible statement of the significant contribution our programs make to graduate management education.
Program learning outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes provide a broad and measurable set of standards that incorporate a range of knowledge, skills and abilities that will be achieved on completion of the program. These outcomes will help you determine whether this program aligns with your professional pathway, career and learning goals.
View Master of Financial Management (Professional) learning outcomes
- Apply an integrated knowledge of concepts, techniques and frameworks from multiple business disciplines to address a complex problem.
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of the responsibilities of their profession or discipline in complex situations.
- Apply critical thinking and expert judgment to evaluate and solve sophisticated financial problems in the context of a complex business environment.
- Identify financial problems, define objectives collect and analyse information, evaluate risks and alternatives, and leverage technology to enable qualitative and quantitative methods to solve problems.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of financial theories and practices, and technical finance skills relevant to making appropriate recommendations for the changing nature of the profession.
- Critically evaluate and justify business decisions from an ethical and sustainability perspectives.
- Demonstrate effective verbal communication skills across a range of business situations and audiences.
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills across a range of business situations and audiences.
Further develop your skills
Extend your learning beyond the completion of your degree. Consider progressing on your journey to sharpen your skills and expand your knowledge in business and other specialised areas through these learning opportunities.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Financial Management (Professional), to further develop your specialist knowledge you could progress into the Doctor of Philosophy.
Our microcredential courses allow you to upskill in your chosen area without the commitment of a full degree. Ranging in length from a few hours to a few weeks, Bond's microcredentials are taught by academics who have their finger on the industry pulse.Read more about Microcredentials