Further your career with a Master of Actuarial Science (Professional)
The September semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
This program is not available to domestic students. Please see Master of Actuarial Science.
This program has the same subjects as the Master of Actuarial Science with an additional 20-week Professional Portfolio component.
About the program
The Master of Actuarial Science (Professional) is an innovative and immersive program with an additional 20-week Professional component that combines elements of economics, finance, statistics, data analytics and advanced mathematics to develop techniques for the management of risk and business decision making. Show more
The Master of Actuarial Science (Professional) is an innovative and immersive program with an additional 20-week Professional component that combines elements of economics, finance, statistics, data analytics and advanced mathematics to develop techniques for the management of risk and business decision making. The Master of Actuarial Science (Professional) will be taught via smaller classes for personalised attention and unparalleled access to Bond University's Bond Fin Tech Hub and Bloomberg data-sourcing terminals. The program will develop skills in the challenge of handling 'big data’ to create practical solutions for real-world problems. Employment opportunities include working as an investment analyst, portfolio manager, actuarial consultant, insurance actuary, superannuation actuary, risk analyst, big data analyst, liability manager and high-level manager. The successful completion of the program at an appropriate level of performance will lead to Part I qualification with the Actuaries Institute. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Actuarial Science|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Master of Actuarial Science (Professional) program comprises 13 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (12)
- ACCT71-600 Accounting Principles
- ACSC71-200 Mathematical Statistics
- ACSC71-201 Financial Mathematics
- ACSC71-301 Contingencies
- ACSC71-305 Actuarial and Financial Models
- ACSC71-306 Stochastic Processes
- ACSC71-307 Survival Analysis
- ECON71-200 Econometrics
- ECON71-202 Macroeconomics
- ECON71-600 Economics For Business
- FINC71-601 Corporate Finance
- FINC71-603 Investments
Plus Professional subject (students must complete one (1) of the following subjects)
*Please note that the Professional Portfolio or Professional Development subject is a 20-week, 45-credit point subject and is taken in the last semester of the program once all other coursework subjects have been completed. The Career Development Centre will provide assistance in choosing the relevant professional subject prior to your last semester.
- Students can choose 4 General Elective Subjects (40CP).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
- Students may also use all of their electives to take a specialisation (4 Subjects) from the list below
- Big Data
- Health Management
- International Business
- Tourism Management
- Please visit the Major, minor and specialisation study areas for guidance on specialisations.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee. Professional program fees include four standard full time semesters plus a final semester professional subject, which is charged at a different rate to a standard semester of coursework.
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2020: $85,490
- Students commencing study in 2021: $88,550
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
Entry into the Master of Actuarial Science (Professional) requires the completion of an undergraduate degree from a recognised institution and well-developed mathematical abilities.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
The Master of Actuarial Science (Professional) will prepare students for rewarding careers in a range of disciplines, including:
- Data Analytics
- Risk Management