For the career of the future… you’ll need the degree of the future
The May semester for this program will be delivered remotely. In these extraordinary times, students will be able to access Bond's exceptional, personalised learning experience from all around the world. Learn more about remote learning at Bond
The Bachelor of Legal Transformation prepares graduates for professional and trans-disciplinary roles in the modern ever-changing work environment with the inclusion of an immersive industry-based learning program. Students will also explore global sustainable development goals through the completion of a collaborative and creative design solutions option.
About the program
The Bachelor of Legal Transformation provides students with an immersive intellectual and practical experience in the knowledge, skills, and dispositions essential for the delivery of legal services in the face of rapid and persistent technological change. The program includes both a foundation of substantive legal knowledge and traditional legal skills to ensure the development of essential legal literacy, and an emphasis on the development of key enterprise skills relevant to the contemporary workplace. Show more
The Bachelor of Legal Transformation provides students with an immersive intellectual and practical experience in the knowledge, skills, and dispositions essential for the delivery of legal services in the face of rapid and persistent technological change. The program includes both a foundation of substantive legal knowledge and traditional legal skills to ensure the development of essential legal literacy, and an emphasis on the development of key enterprise skills relevant to the contemporary workplace. The focus of the program is upon the operation and development of digital technologies as tools in the delivery of legal services and the resolution of legal problems in creative and ethical ways. The program offers an engaging learning experience in which students explore contemporary legal problems and design innovative solutions.
Graduates will be eligible for a variety of roles in the legal services sector including legal technicians, legal project managers, legal operations managers and paralegals, and in legal startups and legal technology design. This program does not meet admission requirements to become a legal practitioner. Show less
The May 2020 semester will be delivered remotely.
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Bachelors Degree|
|Study area||Business and Commerce, Communication and Creative Media, International Relations and Humanities, Law, Social Sciences, Psychology and Counselling|
|CRICOS code||This program is not available to international students who intend to apply for a student visa.|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
- On successful completion of this program the learner will be able to:
- Think critically about law, technology, their interaction and their social and commercial contexts.
- Identify, analyse, and use creative and design thinking tools and techniques to solve legal problems creatively, ethically and in ways appropriate to client needs.
- Engage in informed and effective communication about legal issues, using appropriate platforms and in culturally diverse contexts.
The Bachelor of Legal Transformation program comprises up to 22 subjects, as follows:
University core subjects (3)
- CORE11-001 Critical Thinking and Communication
- CORE11-002 Leadership and Team Dynamics
- CORE11-003 Ethical Thought and Action
Creative Enterprise (7)
- LAWS11-105 Legal Foundations A
- BUSN11-200 Foundations of Enterprise
- COLB11-100 Global Citizenship
- COLB12-100 Immersion 1: Work-Based Experience
- COLB12-110 Trust, Privacy, Law and Ethics in the Digital Age
- COLB12-120 Design: Process, Methods and Mindsets
- COLB13-110 Immersion 2: Work Placement
Legal Transformation (10)
- DIXN11-100 Digital Transformation: Stages and Capabilities
- LAWS11-106 Legal Foundations B
- LAWS11-107 Foundations of Private Law
- LAWS11-108 Foundations of Public and Criminal Law
- COMN12-302 Digital Media and Society
- LAWS13-581 Coding, Cybersecurity & Cryptoliteracy for Lawyers
- LAWS17-110 The Digital Lawyer
- LAWS17-556 Information Technology and the Law
- LAWS17-573 Start-Up Law
- LAWS17-576 Legal Aspects of Electronic Commerce
Global Challenges Project Option (1-2)
Students must choose one (1) of the following options:
- Global Challenges Option
- COLB12-200 Global Challenges 1 (20CP)
- COLB13-200 Global Challenges 2 (20CP)
- Design Studio Option
- COLB12-400 Design Studio (40CP)
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2020 fees: $17,360 per semester (based on 4 subjects per semester)
- 2021 fees: $17,560 per semester (based on 4 subjects per semester)
To support students during the economic crisis created by the current pandemic, financial aid will be provided to students in Semester 2 in 2020. This is in the form of a one-off tuition fee relief, which will be a 20% reduction in Semester 2 tuition fees. For more information, see the Frequently Asked Questions.
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
Please note: This program is currently only available to Australian students (not available to international student visa holders).
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information