Prof Vai Io Lo
- Associate Dean, Research
- Faculty of Law
Level 4, Building 4, Faculty of Law, Bond University
Vai Io Lo joined the Faculty of Law in 2005.
Prior to joining Bond, she had taken teaching or research appointments with the University of Washington, International University of Japan, Waseda University, National University of Singapore, and University of Tokyo. She has been a Visiting Scholar to Harvard Law School. She is an attorney-at-law and speaks and writes Chinese fluently.
With respect to research, she has concentrated on comparative and interdisciplinary studies, especially on Australian, Chinese, Japanese and US laws, and in the areas of labour and employment, foreign direct investment, health care, dispute resolution, law and society, legal education, judicial reform, international trade, and consumer protection. Her publications are distributed worldwide, including books, journal articles, and book chapters. In 2008, she received the Vice-Chancellor's Quality Award for Research Excellence.
On the teaching side, she has taught Cyber Law, Internet-Related Intellectual Property, Law and Investment in China, Law and Investment in Japan, Law and Society in China, Law in East Asia: China, Labour in East Asia, International Business Law, Business Law, International Trade and Business Law, Introduction to Cross-Border Business Law, Law and Development, Principles of Contractual Liability, Comparative Law, International Law, and Advanced Legal Reasoning, Research and Writing.
- Member, Utah State Bar, USA
- Member, Australian Mediation Association
- Associate Dean (Research) - Faculty of Law, 2017 --
- Director - Tim Fischer Centre for Global Trade and Finance (2014)
- Co-Director - Tim Fischer Centre for Global Trade Finance (2007 to 2013)
- Deputy Director - The Australian Network for Japanese Law (2011-2015)
Comparative and International Law
- LAWS75-102 - Advanced Legal Reasoning, Research and Writing
- LAWS13-622 - Special Topic in Law
- LAWS10-100 - Business Law
- LAWS11-212 - Principles of Contractual Liability
- LAWS13-119 - Law and Investment in China
- LAWS13-200 - Law and Society in China
- LAWS77-446 - International Trade and Business Law
- LAWS10-105 - Introduction to Cross-Border Business Law
- LAWS77-120 - Law and Investment in Japan
- LAWS13-558 - International Law
- LAWS77-558 - International Law
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Washington
- Master of Laws, University of Washington
- Master of Organizational Behaviour, Brigham Young University
- Master of Business Administration, Brigham Young University
- Juris Doctor, Brigham Young University
- Bachelor of Arts, Brigham Young University