Dr James Birt
- Associate Professor
- Computer Games
- Faculty of Society & Design
Level 1, Building 1a, Faculty of Society & Design, Bond University
Multi-dimensional defines my academic career as an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Society and Design at Bond University. My experience in higher education and the wider community has formed around my twenty years of industry and academic experience in emerging technology, teaching and learning. I take an active role in supporting learners and peers through mentorship, presentations and expert judging. My scholarship in learning and teaching spans computer science and visual arts, with an emphasis on applied design and development of interactive Mixed Reality (virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), 3d printing, mobile) experiences and visualisations assisting learning, skills acquisition and knowledge discovery. Since receiving an Australian National Office of Learning and Teaching citation in 2014, I have concentrated my scholarship on MR and visualisation, publishing in top quality journals/conferences and receiving multiple national and Bond University grants directly related to innovative MR technology, learning, and education scholarship.
- Member of the IEEE
- Member of the Australia Computer Society
- Member of the International Game Developers Association
- Member of the Golden Key International Honour Society
- Member of the Game Developers Association of Australia
James has been a lecturer for over ten years teaching numerous subjects including Project Management, Programming, Software Engineering, Multimedia Animation and Computer Games.
- Bond University Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences - Excellence in Learning and Teaching Award
- Australian Award for University Teaching Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning
- Bachelor of Information Technology (First Class Honors), Griffith University
- Doctor of Philosophy, Griffith University