Level 4, Building 4, Faculty of Law, Bond University
Hugh Zillmann is an experienced legal practitioner and law teacher, with some forty years experience in both the teaching and practice of Law.
Following graduation from the University of Queensland in 1979, Hugh was employed as an academic at that University, before embarking upon a full-time career as a barrister in 1982.Throughout his time as a legal practitioner, Hugh was also a part-time lecturer at the Queensland University of Technology; the Australian Catholic University and Central Queensland University. Hugh was in continuous legal practice in Australia and internationally, until accepting a permanent appointment as a Senior Lecturer with Central Queensland University in 2006. He joined the Bond University Law Faculty in 2010.
Hugh has teaching expertise in Taxation and Revenue Law; Civil Legal Practice and Procedure; Evidence Law; Company and Association Law; Contract Law and Ethics and Professional Practice. His principal areas of legal practice were in Commercial Law; Estate and Succession Law; Corporate Insolvency and Bankruptcy. Whilst in practice as a barrister, he was regularly retained to act on behalf Company Liquidators and Trustees in Bankruptcy, as well as numerous corporate clients involved in complex legal disputes.
Between 2015 and 2019 Hugh was the Director of the Bond University Practical Legal Training Program and a member of the Australasian Professional Legal Education Council. He is the author of ‘A Civil Litigation Practice Manual’ (Thomson Reuters 2018) and the co-author of ‘Civil Procedure – Questions and Answers’ (Lexis Nexis 2015).
Taxation and Revenue Law; Civil Legal Practice and Procedure; Company and Association Law; Contract Law; Insolvency Law and Practice and Ethics and Professional Responsibility.
- Australasian Taxation Teachers Association
- National Taxation and Accountants Association of Australia
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Bachelor of Laws University of Queensland
- PLTC72-201: Practical Legal Training 2
- LAWS11-318: Evidence
- LAWS11-319: Civil Procedure
- LAWS77-117: Insolvency Law and Practice
- PLTC71-110: Practical Legal Training
- PLTC71-111: Practical Experience
- PLTC71-112: Continuing Practical Training
- PLTC72-200: Practical Legal Training 1
- PLTC72-203: Continuing Practical Training
- LAWS13-117: Insolvency Law and Practice
- PLTC72-202: Practical Experience
- LAWS11-326: Legal Profession
- LAWS75-326: Legal Profession
- LAWS77-587: Commercial Law for Enterprises