Ten weeks into Bond’s first-ever INCUBATE start-up accelerator program and our talented team of entrepreneurs are preparing for lift-off!
Our teams of start-ups have received free office space and mentoring from some of the nation’s leading entrepreneurs and early-stage advisors as part of the innovative, university-led Program, but the best is yet to come.
So who are these Bondies and what are their Big Ideas?!
- Hollie Gordon is the Founder of Milaana, a social business that connects passionate individuals with the cause driven projects of community organisations. Earlier this week Hollie launched her own crowd-funding campaign and has already raised almost $10,000!
- Exaureus, founded by Dion Henderson, Garrick Walsh and Joshua Watson, is a low cost multi-currency trading network and platform with expansive uses and heavy scalability. Exaureus has received great pitching advice from Hugh Geiger, winner of Ozapp and connected with Dr. Clarence Tan, ambassador for Singularity University, to discuss the future growth of Exaureus.
- Gemma Beriman is the Founder of Moon Mama™, whose innovative family-based products were created to make life simpler for the modern family. Moon Mama has received great market validation for her product and is in the process of setting up a strategic partnership with another entrepreneur-mum.
- Holly Chippindale is the Founder of Where’s Woody, which uses recycled organic materials to create distinctive and timeless pieces that are environmentally and socially responsible. Hollie is about to launch a Thunderclap campaign on social media to over 400,000 individuals, so you can expect to know more of Woody’s whereabouts very soon.
- WOTTEVA™, founded by Azhar Khan, is an exciting online recruitment experience that transcends borders and matches business recruitment and development needs in an online and mobile environment to increase productivity. WOTTEVA is great innovative idea but it’s just the start. The more you speak to Azhar, the more you learn about his vision for the future. It’s big and it’s exciting.
The next major milestone for our INCUBATORS is their ‘Local Demo Day’ on Tuesday 1 April in the Princeton Room. The ‘Dragon’s Den’ style session will offer the start-ups an invaluable opportunity to pitch and network with entrepreneurs from across Australia, local industry giants and INCUBATE program mentors.
Program Manager, Tres West, said about 43 teams of Bondies, past and present, applied to take part in INCUBATE, with a shortlist of 12 interviewed and five teams currently participating in the program.
“We deliberately chose from a wide variety of business types, from social enterprise to financial products,” Tres said.
“It’s great to see how quickly the teams have developed, and really taken advantage of the connections they’ve made with our mentors.”
“Some of our teams are talking to Silicon Valley, while others are speaking to angel investors. The sky is the limit for these guys.”
Bond is one of only four universities in Australia, and the only one in Queensland, to have the INCUBATE program, which aims to be the leading University start-up acceleration program and to foster a proactive community of entrepreneurs at universities across Australia.
For more information about the program, its participants and ‘Demo Day’ visit the INCUBATE page or email [email protected]