This subject equips students with a detailed understanding of corporate finance including capital raisings, private equity, and restructuring. Tax issues are also covered including technical application and effects on risk management. The subject also describes the origins and history of REITs and examines real property as an asset class over the economic and investment cycles. The application of portfolio theory is also covered and focuses on the role of real property assets in both listed and unlisted forms in creating a diversified portfolio. Specific industry topics are analysed including capital structure, REIT fund evaluation and performance measurement and property debt securitisation.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Demonstrate a range of theoretical and practical skills for understanding and applying financial knowledge to real property transactions.
2. Exercise an interdisciplinary approach to apply traditional and innovative financial solutions.
3. Gain insight into modern portfolio theory and its application to real estate markets.
4. Understand the history and composition of the diverse REIT industry.
5. Understand how REIT funds operatethe and the various structures used to manage funds in the industry.
6. Demonstrate how real estate funds raise capital and the debt securitisation process.
7. Evaluate real estate funds’ performance.
|Withdraw – Financial?||09/10/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||30/10/2021|