This subject provides students with an understanding of the property development process and the importance of the property development industry in a modern economy. Additionally, the subject introduces the processes involved in property development in market economies in the context of government regulation and approval requirements, as well as providing an introduction to the financial analysis and the determination of the viability of potential projects. The emphasis is on the private sector and the roles of the various stakeholders.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Describe the nature and role of property development within a modern economy.
2. Gain an understanding of the property development process including the investigation of initial development concepts, site acquisition and site assembly.
3. Explain the role of planning and the planning process in property development and how development controls impact on urban areas and specifically on development site values.
4. Prepare a developer's budget and feasibility report for a potential property development project in order to determine project viability.
5. Gain an understanding of the risk management process for a property development project as well as complete a sensitivity analysis.
6. Research and calculate key revenue and expenditure input variables for a potential property development project including comparable sales, rental revenues, construction costs, infrastructure charges and other applicable government taxes and charges.
7. Recognise the importance of sustainability in the urban environment.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||09/10/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||30/10/2021|