In this subject students examine prescriptive and performance based building regulation with particular emphasis on the Building Code of Australia. Related environmental legislation affecting building work is investigated. Other topics include statutory requirements for certification of building works, building approvals, other statutory controls related to buildings including health and safety.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of key aspects of the Building Code of Australia and interpret relevant sections of the code as required;
2. Communicate the roles and differentiate the operation of prescriptive and performance based building regulations;
3. Appreciate the application and effect of statutory controls in relation to sustainability in the built environment;
4. Apply a working knowledge of the statutory requirements (at federal, state and local government levels) relevant to the certification of building works; and
5. Demonstrate understanding of relevant health and safety regulations and controls.
|Withdraw – Financial?||28/02/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||10/03/2019|
|Withdraw – Financial?||29/06/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||11/07/2019|
|Withdraw – Financial?||26/10/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||07/11/2019|