Professional Portfolio is a twenty-week, forty five credit point subject available to Masters (Professional) students in the Faculty of Society & Design. This subject is experientially oriented and encourages students to develop their professional skills in a real-world environment. Students combine self-analysis and reflective learning skills with professional methodologies, to expand analytic and strategic thinking capabilities. All students complete a 2,000 word scoping document, and either undertake a work placement in Australia for 210 hours (which includes an employer’s report) and reflective journal (up to 5,000 words) OR complete a collaborative research project totalling up to 15,000 words. All students submit a final professional portfolio collection of documents, highlighting their practical and theoretical expertise in their profession of choice. The Professional Portfolio subject cannot be commenced until the student has successfully completed all twelve subjects of the Masters component of the degree.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Integrate classroom learning with professional experience.
2. Examine the structure and functions of a company in their chosen profession.
3. Gain practical experience and develop professional skills that enhance job opportunities.
4. Discover professional strengths and weaknesses, evaluate career opportunities and develop a sense of greater professional responsibility.
5. Further develop drafting and writing skills.
6. Further develop research proficiency.
7. Further develop communication and interpersonal skills.
8. Further develop research proficiency.
Only available if admitted into HS-23078 Master of International Relations (Professional)AND successful completion of 12 masters subjects
|Non-Standard Offering - Standard||Non-Standard Offering - Situated|
|Withdraw – Financial?||02/11/2020||02/11/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||29/11/2020||29/11/2020|
|Standard Offering||Standard Offering|
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021||06/03/2021|
|Standard Offering - Standard||Standard Offering - Situated|
|Withdraw – Financial?||12/06/2021||12/06/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/07/2021||03/07/2021|