The Diploma of Sport Management is being discontinued. The last intake for the Diploma of Sport Management is January 2020. Please refer to the Diploma of Business.
Take the next step in your sporting career by studying in Australia with the Diploma of Sport Management from Bond University. Prepare for a career in the global sports industry by studying a range of sport focused and sport related subjects including, marketing, sports media, management & sports PR.
Study your Diploma of Sport Management alongside Bond University students
Bond University Diploma students are integrated into the Bond community becoming a Bondy from day one! As a Bond student you will have access to all of Bond university’s state of the art facilities. You will learn with university students but also have the support of extra tutorials just for Diploma students. Complete your diploma in only eight months and articulate into the third semester of a Bond University degree. Transition into a university degree seamlessly having already been part of the bond community.
Below is an example of some of the degrees our diploma programs credit into.
- Complete your diploma in only eight months
- Integrate into the university environment from day one
- Have the support of extra tutorials just for diploma students
- Articulate into the third semester of the corresponding bachelor program
About the program
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||2 semesters (8 months)|
|Study area||Business and Commerce, Foundation Programs, Sport|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Diploma of Sport Management is a two semester (full-time) program of 8 subjects and 1 compulsory skills building subject.
Students must complete the following mandatory subjects for the Diploma of Sport Management:
- BCAS01-020 Academic Skills*
- BCDP02-033 Introduction to Global Citizenship
- BCDP02-101 Critical Thinking and Communication
- BCDP02-102 Collaboration, Teams and Leadership
- BCDP02-005 Marketing
Students must complete four of the following elective subjects for the Diploma of Sport Management:
- BCDP02-008 Accounting for Decision Making
- BCDP02-019 Sport Communication
- BCDP02-020 Sport Public Relations
- BCDP02-021 Sport Development
- BCDP02-049 WHS Risk Management
- BCDP02-064 Sport Organisation, Governance and Policy
*BCAS01-020 Academic Skills is a compulsory 0 credit point subject that provides you with core academic skills including referencing, academic writing and time management. It must be completed in your first semester (weeks 2 to 6).
Recommended study plan
For information regarding appropriate enrolment for each semester, we recommend that students see the Program Structure and Sequence webpage.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2020: $15,680
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
Completion of grade 12 or equivalent (OP 16 to 20/ATAR 64.95-50.00) or on a case by case basis as approved by the General Manager of Bond University College. A range of criteria is also used, such as extracurricular involvement and personal attributes, including outstanding leadership and community involvement qualities. Bond University College offers tertiary preparation programs (Foundation Program and Diploma Preparation Program) for students who do not currently have the required academic qualifications.
- Work experience - ANZCO Skill level 3 for 1 year full-time equivalent
- Incomplete Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation (passing grades in 2 subjects)
- STAT result of 144
- OP ineligible Schedule equivalent rank to OP 16 to 20
For alternate means of entry such as work experience or the Special Tertiary Admissions Test please contact the Office of Future Students.
English language requirements
- Pass in Bond University College EAP Level 2, or
- IELTS 6 (no subscore less than 5.5)
Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
How to apply
*Credit articulations for Diploma studies into bachelor programs may vary depending on the program. Students are advised to confirm credit arrangements prior to commencement of their Diploma program.
Bond University is a member of the Australian Sport Commission’s Elite Athlete Friendly University Agreement (EAFUA). Through this agreement, Bond is dedicated to supporting elite athletes in the balanced pursuit of their academic and sporting goals by introducing more flexible academic regulations and requirements for elite student athletes.Read more