How to apply
When can I apply?: Undergraduate students may submit an application from their second semester. Postgraduate students may submit an application from their first semester. See Step 4 for application deadline.
When can I go?: Undergraduate and Postgraduate students must have completed at least two semesters prior to departure.
Academic requirements: All students must have a Cumulative Percentage Average of at least 65%. You can check your Cumulative Percentage Average by requesting a copy of your transcript through the Results TAB in eStudent.
LAW Academic requirements: Law students applying for Exchange at a Law Faculty partner institution must have achieved a Cumulative Percentage Average of 70% overall for law subjects.
Students on Bond Scholarships: Students on a Bond scholarship must maintain full time enrolment (40 credit points) for the duration of their exchange program. Students seeking to enrol in 30 credit points, must be approved by the Student Business Centre prior to departure. Please refer to the Student Handbook, "Division 10 - Scholarships".
Semesters available: Exchanges between Bond University and our partners take place during the January and September semesters. Students interested in the May semester should speak to the Exchange office about the limited options for Exchange in May.
May semester options:
- Freie University, Germany (Law only)
- International University of Japan, Japan (PG only)
- Mahidol University, Thailand
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (Business/FSD only)
- University of Waterloo, Canada (Law Excluded)
- Vesalius College, Belgium
Exchange restrictions: Students in the following degree programs are currently not eligible for exchange:
- Medicine - Speak to your Clinical Placements Officer in HSM Faculty for International Placements
- Bachelor of Architecture - Speak to your Head of Program regarding Internships and International Work placement opportunities. Faculty are currently exploring options for Exchange for B.Architecture students.
- Master of Construction Practice - Students enrolled into this program are generally not eligible for Exchange. They must be aware that studying part of their Bond degree abroad would result in not be able to receive Accreditation or apply for the Post Study Work Visa.
To stay on track with your degree while studying overseas, you must enrol in subjects equivalent to your Bond subjects.
Plan ahead and meet with an Academic Advisor from the Student Business Centre early in your degree to discuss your study plan and recommended sequence of study (you can also find your program study plans here for each Faculty - FSD, HSM, BBS, Law). We recommend saving your electives, because your Core, Foundation and Major subjects can be harder to match.
Search the course catalogue of the overseas partner institution and find at least 6-8 subject options. Please ensure subjects are available in the relevant semester, you meet all pre-requisite requirements, and submit the subject outlines with your application. For Faculty assessment of General or Faculty Electives you will be required to provide a brief subject outline and the credit weighting of the Host University subject. For Faculty to assess the subject equivalency for a compulsory Study plan subject (Core, Foundation or Major) you will need to provide a detailed subject outline from the Host University that includes week-to-week breakdown of content, assessment tasks and learning outcomes for each subject.
For more information on what is required speak to your Exchange Officer or contact your Faculty Academic Advisor.
Advising sessions: We recommend to schedule an appointment with our office to discuss your outbound exchange options and the application process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
Information sessions: Students are encouraged to attend an Outbound Exchange Information Session, which is held in week 4 of each semester. The next information sessions will be held on:
Thursday, 8 June, 12pm – 2pm, Bld6_2_18 (attendance is essential for students hoping to study abroad in 181)
Tuesday, 3 October 12pm – 2pm
To submit your online application, you will need to upload the following:
- a copy of your Bond academic transcript (you can source this from the Results TAB in eStudent)
- a list of your preferred subjects at the Host Institution (minimum 6-8 subjects) along with individual detailed Host University subject outlines (course syllabus) for Faculty approval
- the contact details for a Bond academic (lecturer or tutor) you have nominated to provide an academic reference
Apply 2 semesters / 7 months prior to your Exchange semester abroad
For 173 - Apply by 1 March 2017
For 181 - Apply by 30 June 2017
For 182 - Apply by 1 October 2017
For 183 - Apply by 1 March 2018
For 191 - Apply by 1 July 2018
Make sure you commence your application well before the deadline to allow time to source detailed subject outlines for Faculty Assessment. It can take up to 4 weeks to source outlines from some partner institutions.
Once applications close, Bond will nominate you to your chosen partner institution. All students will be notified of the outcome of their Bond application within two to four weeks, once the partner institution has approved the nomination.
Successful students will need to sign and return the Response to Nomination form in order to receive instructions on how to apply to their partner institution.