An introduction to essential quantitative theory and tools necessary for business intelligence and data analysis needs of modern organisations. Includes basic statistics, probability distributions, correlation, regression and time series forecasting. Emphasises the selection of an appropriate analytical approach to a given problem and the use of spreadsheets for data management and analysis to develop practical computational skills and problem-solving capabilities.
|Bond Business School|
- September 2018 [Standard Offering]
- January 2019 [Standard Offering]
- September 2019 [Standard Offering]
|Available to Study Abroad students|
- Commencing in 2018: $4,591
- Commencing in 2019: $4,760
1. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of statistical tools to support management decision making.
2. Analyse information using a range of statistical techniques which includes drawing inference about the population based on a sample, correlation, regression and how to do simple forecasting.
3. Demonstrate the ability to use spreadsheet tools to perform basic statistical analyses.
4. Interpret and communicate the result of a statistical analysis in a professional report.
No prior knowledge required