This subject provides students with the opportunity to bring their Quantitative Mathematics skills up to a standard that is required for future Business subjects at Bond University. It also provides new material that is essential to the understanding of business-related problems. Topics that are covered in this subject include algebraic expressions; formulating and solving linear equations and inequalities from word problems; properties of functions (including straight line, quadratic, exponential and logarithmic); vector and matrix algebra.
|Bond Business School|
- January 2019 [Standard Offering]
- May 2019 [Standard Offering]
- September 2019 [Standard Offering]
- January 2020 [Standard Offering]
- May 2020 [Standard Offering]
- Commencing in 2018: $4,247
- Commencing in 2019: $4,290
1. Recognise and manipulate a variety of algebraic expressions.
2. Solve simple and complex algebraic equations including: linear, quadratic, exponential and logarithmic types.
3. Interpret and solve word-problems related to linear, quadratic, exponential and logarithmic models.
4. Understand and appreciate the need to solve a variety of elementary business and scientific problems via systematic processes using standard mathematical techniques.
5. Interpret solutions in the context of the problem.
6. Communicate results clearly and precisely especially in written form.
7. Estimate the values of simple calculations (sums, differences, products, quotients and square roots) without use of calculator or any other technology.