|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
Managing complex projects involves an understanding of the processes, techniques and tools used in project management. This subject provides an overview of the discipline by exploring these systematically using the internationally recognised Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) as a foundation. Project integration, scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality, resource, communications, procurement, stakeholder and, looking forward, environmental management reflect the generic knowledge areas that combine to support successful project implementation and social responsibility. A hands-on (learning by doing) approach is adopted within a flipped classroom delivery strategy to link theory with practice and deal with project change in real-time. A key outcome for students is being able to evaluate how project managers can determine whether they have been successful (in terms of planned versus actual performance) by ensuring that the project is delivered within budget, on time, as specified, and with no surprises. Students demonstrate competency in project integration management, in particular, by preparing a detailed project plan for an authentic case study with the help of a personal 'coach' to provide individual direction and advice throughout the process.
- Explore and integrate generic processes, techniques and tools of PM.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the breadth and depth of the discipline.
- Prepare a detailed project management plan for an authentic case study.
- Amend plans to accommodate and manage project change.
- Discuss and model what is meant by project delivery success.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- May 2023 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2023]]
- January 2023 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2023]]
- September 2022 [Standard - Standard [September 2022]]
- May 2022 [Standard - Standard [May 2022]]
- January 2022 [Standard - Standard [January 2022]]
- September 2021 [Standard - Standard [September 2021]]
- May 2021 [Standard - Standard [May 2021]]
- January 2021 [Standard - Standard [January 2021]]
- September 2020 [Standard - Standard [September 2020]]
- May 2020 [Standard - Standard [May 2020]]
- January 2020 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2020]]
- September 2019 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2019]]
- May 2019 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2019]]
- January 2019 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2019]]
- September 2018 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2018]]
- May 2018 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2018]]
- January 2018 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2018]]
- September 2017 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2017]]
- May 2017 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2017]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 20/03/2022 Semester start: 16/05/2022 Subject start: 16/05/2022 Cancellation 1: 30/05/2022 Cancellation 2: 06/06/2022 Last enrolment: 29/05/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 11/06/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 02/07/2022 Teaching census: 10/06/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 30/01/2023 Subject start: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 12/02/2023 Cancellation 2: 15/02/2023 Last enrolment: 10/02/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 24/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 12/03/2023 Teaching census: 23/02/2023
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 29/05/2023 Subject start: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 11/06/2023 Cancellation 2: 14/06/2023 Last enrolment: 09/06/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 23/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 09/07/2023 Teaching census: 22/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/06/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||02/07/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||24/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||12/03/2023|
|Withdraw - Financial:||23/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||09/07/2023|