|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
This subject will extend the knowledge acquired in previous valuation and investment subjects by examining the methodologies used for the valuation of complex and diverse property interests. Various applications and methods of valuation will be analysed. For statutory valuation purposes the mass appraisal method, GIS applications and the compulsory acquisition process will be evaluated. Examples of specialist valuation topics that may be covered include the valuation of management rights, hotels, marinas, businesses, retirement sector assets, plant and machinery and rural properties. Specialist valuation topics vary depending on access to guest speakers. The rules of conduct of the relevant professional bodies will also be analysed, including the role of an expert witness.
- Differentiate the nature and role of the specialist and statutory property valuer.
- Distinguish and apply the various principles of property valuation, as practised by various professionals in the industry.
- Appreciate the challenges faced by individuals acting as professionals in a property valuation role, including in the role of an expert witness.
- Identify how various government statutes and policies impact on the value of various property interests.
- Examine various legal cases and their impact on property valuation principles.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|