This course provides basic knowledge and skills required to manage a project and to be an effective member of a project team. It covers the ten knowledge areas of project management (scope, stakeholder, schedule, cost, risk, quality, communications, procurement, resource and integration) as defined by the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide). Students work in teams to develop a project plan, including the fundamental sequence of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing projects.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Describe at a basic level the intent of each of the ten knowledge areas of Project Management.
2. Describe the basic processes involved in managing a project.
3. Identify some of the important skills, characteristics and attributes of an effective Project Manager.
4. Describe and analyse some of the main causes of project failure.
5. Identify some of the tools and techniques that can be used to assist with managing a project.