|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
This subject provides students with an in-depth examination of the management of elite athletes, their coaches and the relationships with key stakeholders. A particular focus will be on the global high-performance systems created to develop success elite athletes. The subject will examine and critically assess International and Australian high-performance sport systems, with emphasis on government investment, funding, performance outcomes, international sporting events and performance evaluation. It will analyse the social, financial and political difficulties facing High-Performance athletes (and organisations) and examine strategies to maximise success and minimise issues (injury, drop-out, cheating). The subject will critically assess current case studies of issues arising in high-performance sport, creating potential solutions and strategies to resolve them. Some examples of case studies exploring contemporary issues in high-performance sport include doping, corruption, match-fixing, governance and athlete behaviour.
- Analyse the national and international high-performance sport environments and the stakeholders involved
- Demonstrate an understanding of the components within a high-performance system that lead to international sporting success
- Apply a problem-solving approach to high-performance sport management case studies to determine potential solutions and future outcomes.
- Deliver a logically constructed persuasive presentation using appropriate visual aids.
- Apply relevant theory to solve high performance sport issues.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|