|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
This subject is devoted to the preparation of a detailed technical report on a topic related to the construction/property industry. Each student selects their own topic and each pursues a different topic. The emphasis is on how to locate relevant information and how to synthesise that into a coherent, well-structured report. Each student makes an interim presentation of their work during the semester and submits a final written report.
- The ability to tackle a major research project and locate detailed information relevant to the topic within a restricted timeframe.
- The ability to interpret the material collected and synthesie it into a coherent report with independent and individual critical appraisal.
- The ability to manage time effectively in the context of a lengthy program of individual research and writing to produce a detailed professional report.
- The ability to convey research outcomes by means of a concise oral presentation supported by suitable/appropriate aids such as Powerpoint slides.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
Faculty approval is required.
- May 2021 [Standard - Standard [May 2021]]
- January 2021 [Standard - Standard [January 2021]]
- September 2019 [Standard - Standard [September 2019]]
- May 2019 [Standard - Standard [May 2019]]
- September 2018 [Standard - Standard [September 2018]]
- May 2018 [Standard - Standard [May 2018]]
- September 2017 [Standard - Standard [September 2017]]
- May 2017 [Standard - Standard [May 2017]]