|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
This subject introduces multivariate research design and multivariate analytic techniques, the use of statistical packages such as SPSS, and the interpretation of results. Multivariate procedures include multiple regression analysis, discriminant function analysis, factor analysis, and structural equation modelling.
- Understand, apply and evaluate basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis and interpretation, and the appropriate use of technologies.
- Demonstrate comprehension and application of a broad and coherent body of knowledge of Psychology, with depth of understanding of underlying principles, theories and concepts in the discipline, using a scientific approach.
- Demonstrate basic assessment strategies in situations appropriate to psychological practice and knowledge of psychometric theory and principles of the construction, cultural considerations, implementation and interpretation of some of the more widely used standardised psychological test instruments.
- Cultural responsiveness in research methods and ethics, including with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
- January 2023 [Standard - Multivariate Research Methods]
- September 2022 [Standard - Multivariate Research Methods]
- January 2022 [Standard - Multivariate Research Methods]
- September 2021 [Standard - Multivariate Research Methods]
- January 2021 [Standard - Multivariate Research Methods]
- September 2020 [Standard - Multivariate Research Methods]
- January 2020 [Standard - Multivariate Research Methods]
- September 2019 [Standard - Multivariate Research Methods]
- January 2019 [Standard - Multivariate Research Methods]
- September 2018 [Standard - Multivariate Research Methods]
- January 2018 [Standard - Multivariate Research Methods]
- September 2017 [Standard - Multivariate Research Methods]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|