This subject introduces multivariate research design and multivariate analytic techniques, the use of statistical packages such as SPSS, and the interpretation of results. Multivariate procedures include multiple regression analysis, discriminant function analysis, factor analysis, and structural equation modelling.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
|Study abroad||Not Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the theoretical and empirical bases underpinning the construction and interpretation of psychometric assessments.
2. Understand, apply and evaluate basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis and interpretation, and the appropriate use of technologies.
3. Apply knowledge of the scientific method in thinking about problems related to behaviour and mental processes.
4. Use information in an ethical manner.
5. Write a standard research report using APA structure and formatting conventions.
6. Demonstrate a capacity for independent learning.
Only available if admitted into a Postgraduate Psychology accredited program