This subject builds upon the concept of partitioning variance covered in the second level statistics subject. This subject will provide a revision of basic correlation and regression principles before introducing students to; i) partial correlation ii) standard multiple regression, iii) hierarchical multiple regression, iv) mediated regression, and v) moderated regression. This subject also covers applied aspects of psychometrics concerning reliability and validity.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Understand, apply and evaluate basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis and interpretation, and theappropriate use of technologies,
2. Apply knowledge of the scientific method in thinking about problems related to behaviour and mental processes,
3. Use information in an ethical manner,
4. Write a standard research report using APA structure and formatting conventions,
5. Demonstrate a capacity for independent learning.
PSYC12-200 Statistics & Data Analysis II is essential and must be taken prior to enrolling in this subject.