This subject deals with the nature of human development from birth to old age and includes the analysis of developmental changes in perception, thinking, learning, memory, personality, social and emotional adjustment. This subject aims to develop a critical thinking perspective on issues and findings in developmental psychology.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Demonstrate understanding of the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings and historical trends in lifespan development research.
2. Comprehend and apply a broad and coherent body of knowledge of Psychology, with depth of understanding of underlying principles, theories and concepts in the discipline, using a scientific approach.
3. Apply knowledge and skills of Psychology in a manner that is reflexive, culturally appropriate and sensitive to the diversity of individuals.
4. Analyse and critique theory and research in the discipline of Psychology and communicate these in written and oral formats.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate values and ethics in Psychology.
6. Demonstrate self-directed pursuit of scholarly inquiry in Psychology.
7. Cultural responsiveness, including with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.
8. Demonstrate interpersonal skills.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
All Psychology programs are accredited in the sequence presented and designed to provide students with learning and graduate outcomes in line with APAC accreditation standards. In order to meet these outcomes, students in the Undergraduate program should complete PSYC11, then PSYC12, and finally PSYC13 subjects in the order sequenced.
Future offerings not yet planned.