- Apply skills to assess and manage the impact of acute injury for on-field athletes (or similar populations).
- Plan and develop a physiotherapy resource that can be utilised within the clinical setting with a focus on health promotion, education, prevention or treatment.
- Describe a range of different methodologies used in diagnostic imaging and be able to interpret images accurately for diagnostic purposes in physiotherapy contexts.
- Justify the appropriate application of an expanded range of physiotherapy interventions for clients/patients and/or services.
- Identify key aspects of effective acute and chronic wound management and develop strategies to assess and treat these appropriately using evidence based approaches.
- Describe the role of the physiotherapist working in challenging environments and demonstrate awareness of populations facing adversities.
- Analyse the impacts of global health issues on the physiotherapy profession and apply knowledge and skills to accurately assess and/or treat clients/patients from challenging environments, in a manner sensitive to culture and their experiences.
- Determine how innovation and technology applications are currently used within the physiotherapy setting to enhance client/patient outcomes.
- Display effective leadership and enhanced communication skills and utilise these when engaging in interprofessional and collaborative practice opportunities.
- Outline key learning and teaching theories and processes, and identify strategies that can be used to effectively manage students within clinical practice.
There are no co-requisites
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
And/or equivalent prior versions of subjects being taught out. PHTY91-411 Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy PHTY92-415 Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy II PHTY92-416 Neurological Physiotherapy PHTY92-420 Chronic Disease and Disability PHTY93-423 Maximising Human Potential
This subject is not available to
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.