This subject provides supervised practice education in occupational therapy. You will attend a briefing workshop and then complete and equivalent of 7 weeks of graded supervised practice. Through this experience you will apply your core occupational therapy knowledge and skills, and develop competencies in professionalism, communication, documentation, assessment, intervention and evaluation. You will develop your understanding of occupational therapy and the role of other members of the multidisciplinary team. You will be supervised by an occupational therapist with a minimum of 12 months experience.
|Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
- September 2018 [Non-Standard Offering]
- September 2019 [Standard Offering]
|Not Available to Study Abroad students|
- Commencing in 2018: $9,436
- Commencing in 2019: $9,780
1. Apply occupational therapy knowledge and skills in a practice setting commensurate with studies completed.
2. Act professionally in accordance with the requirements of the placement context.
3. Demonstrate reflective practice through establishing and monitoring learning goals and reflecting on placement experiences.
OCTY71-701 - Professional Practice in Occupational Therapy I (or concurrently)