This subject builds on the subject Evidence-Based Practice for Health Professionals to develop student competencies relating to research design and planning. Students will identify research methods most appropriate to their research questions and practice context, consider and submit ethics applications for review and develop research submissions for external peer review and funding consideration. Students are required to successfully complete this subject before progressing to research internships in the Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Formulate a clear research question from a practice problem
2. Identify and select appropriate methods to investigate and resolve practice problems
3. Critically review the literature
4. Utilise ethical procedures in the research process
5. Demonstrate skills in disseminating outcomes of research
6. Plan appropriate statistical analysis methods to test research hypotheses
There are no co-requisites.
Must be admitted into CC-63041 - Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||07/08/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||09/08/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/08/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||15/08/2021|