This is an in-depth examination of the various promotional tools used in marketing. Topics include advertising, personal selling, sales promotion, direct marketing and public relations/image marketing. Emphasis is on both micro (ie. detail of developing promotional efforts) and macro (ie. strategic) issues associated with promotional design and planning.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Students will develop a comprehensive understanding of the concept, practice, nature, function and environment of Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC).
2. Students will develop an understanding of specific Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) tools including broadcast advertising, print advertising, outdoor advertising, internet marketing, sales promotions, personal selling, direct marketing and public relations, publicity & corporate advertising.
3. Students will work in a team to identify, analyse and report issues in the market place which influence the success of an Integrated Marketing Communications campaign.
4. Students will work in a team to develop an Integrated Marketing Communications campaign strategy appropriate for the external marketing environment.
5. Students will provide strategically based recommendations for the creative process required for a successful Integrated Marketing Communications campaign.
6. Students will develop a media strategy taking into consideration the communication channels available and their respective impact on the target audience.
Students must have successfully completed MKTG11-100 Marketing or equivalent prior to undertaking MKTG13-302.