Successful marketing requires the capacity to inform and persuade consumers. This subject is an in-depth examination of the various promotional tools used in marketing. Promotion is a key element of the marketing mix and includes topics such as advertising, personal selling, sales promotion, direct marketing, social media/internet marketing, and public relations. Particular emphasis in this subject is placed on both micro (i.e., detail of developing promotional efforts) and macro (i.e., strategic) issues associated with promotional design and planning.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Explain the purpose of integrated marketing communications (IMC), identifying key principles and challenges facing practitioners in developing and implementing IMC strategies.
2. Apply a variety of appropriate IMC tools to comprehensively address a defined IMC objective.
3. Develop a creative strategy for a brand’s IMC campaign based on the target market of the brand, the marketing environment, and the brand’s communication objectives.
4. Develop a media strategy for a brand’s IMC campaign by evaluating communication channels available, their likely impacts on the target audience and considering the needs of relevant stakeholders.
5. Deliver a logically constructed, persuasive presentation of your IMC strategy.
6. Articulate IMC analyses and recommendations in a clear, concise writing style tailored to a given audience.
7. Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others to complete a group project addressing an integrated marketing communication issue.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|
|Withdraw – Financial?||12/06/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/07/2021|