|Faculty:||Faculty of Law|
Family Dispute Resolution 1 is a subject offered in the Master of Laws in Family Dispute Resolution and can also be taken as an elective in other Masters programs offered by the Faculty of Law. The practice of family dispute resolution is a specialist area of dispute resolution. This subject will introduce students to the legal, social and financial implications of practising as a family dispute resolution practitioner. Students will develop the necessary skills to support the safety of vulnerable parties, manage responses to domestic and family violence and work with a child focused approach.
- Apply theoretical knowledge and principles in resolving complex parenting and financial disputes.
- Apply diagnostic skills and strategies to manage challenges in family dispute resolution.
- Critically analyse and evaluate advanced theoretical and practical knowledge within the context of family dispute resolution.
There are no co-requisites
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
- May 2023 [Online - Online [May 2023]]
- September 2022 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2022]]
- May 2022 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2022]]
- January 2022 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2022]]
- September 2021 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2021]]
- May 2021 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2021]]
- January 2021 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2021]]
- September 2020 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2020]]
- May 2020 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2020]]
- January 2020 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2020]]
- September 2019 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2019]]
- May 2019 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2019]]
- January 2019 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2019]]
- September 2018 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2018]]
- May 2018 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2018]]
- January 2018 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2018]]
- September 2017 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2017]]
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 07/11/2022 Subject start: 07/11/2022 Cancellation 1: 11/11/2022 Cancellation 2: 12/11/2022 Last enrolment: 09/11/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 14/11/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 17/11/2022 Teaching census: 13/11/2022
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||14/11/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||17/11/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|