|Faculty:||Faculty of Law|
- Outline the role of lawyers in company and business sales and identify and apply the key legal input required.
- Demonstrate an understanding of deal terms and structuring of consideration and apply that understanding.
- Show a basic knowledge of the core documentation involved in progressing and completing a transaction and apply that knowledge.
- Describe, apply and evaluate key areas for negotiation.
- Show an understanding of basic legal due diligence, and apply that understanding.
- Evaluate risks and apply methods of risk avoidance.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Juris Doctor students are expected to have completed a minimum of 80 credit points of compulsory law subjects.
Students must be admitted into a Masters law degree OR LA-43040 Doctor of Legal Science (Research) OR be an approved Law Study Abroad OR Law Exchange student.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 20/03/2022 Semester start: 16/05/2022 Subject start: 13/06/2022 Cancellation 1: 18/06/2022 Cancellation 2: 19/06/2022 Last enrolment: 16/06/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 22/06/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 26/06/2022 Teaching census: 21/06/2022
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||22/06/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||26/06/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|