|Faculty:||Faculty of Law|
Clinical Legal Placement is an elective subject in the Juris Doctor program offered by the Faculty of Law. Students will undertake a placement in a Community Legal Centre where they will be exposed to real life legal problems for disadvantaged groups in the community. Students will also have the opportunity to assist the centre with undertaking research and assisting in the development of legal reform needed for the operation of these centres. Students will gain valuable experience and will gain a deeper understanding of the types of legal and non-legal problems that clients accessing these centres face.
- Analyse theoretical legal knowledge and apply to real life legal problems.
- Critically evaluate lawyers’ professional responsibilities to their clients within a Community Legal Centre setting.
- Articulate and appraise common legal skills used by lawyers in their day-to-day legal practice by reflecting on practical experiences.
- Apply advanced legal research skills to plan and execute a written project with independence and autonomy.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
This subject is not available to
Faculty approval is required. Must be admitted into a Juris Doctor degree.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
- January 2023 [Situated - Situated [January 2023]]
- September 2022 [Situated - Situated [September 2022]]
- January 2022 [Situated - Situated [January 2022]]
- September 2021 [Situated - Situated [September 2021]]
- January 2021 [Situated - Situated [January 2021]]
- September 2020 [Situated - Situated [September 2020]]
- January 2020 [Situated - Situated [January 2020]]
- September 2019 [Situated - Situated [September 2019]]
- January 2019 [Situated - Situated [January 2019]]
- September 2018 [Situated - Situated [September 2018]]
- January 2018 [Situated - Situated [January 2018]]
- September 2017 [Supervised* - Supervised* [September 2017]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|