|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
This subject introduces you to the history, theory, and practice of Australian public and foreign policy. The subject addresses issues of international and domestic concern and it will provide you with an understanding of the modern Australian political environment. The subject aims to equip you with the tools necessary to understand and critically evaluate the Australian policy development. You will investigate the actors and institutions that develop and implement Australia’s public and foreign policy.
- Identify, analyse, evaluate and communicate broad and coherent theoretical and technical knowledge of Australian Public and Foreign Policy.
- Independently and in teams, generate and transmit solutions to unpredictable and sometimes complex problems of Australian Public and Foreign Policy.
- Apply disciplinary knowledge and skills to professional work and/or further learning, demonstrating well-developed judgement and responsibility.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- May 2023 [Standard - Australian Public and Foreign Policy]
- May 2022 [Standard - Australian Public and Foreign Policy]
- May 2021 [Standard - Australian Public and Foreign Policy]
- May 2020 [Standard - Australian Public and Foreign Policy]
- May 2019 [Standard - Australian Public and Foreign Policy]
- May 2018 [Standard - Australian Public and Foreign Policy]
- May 2017 [Standard - Australian Public and Foreign Policy]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|