|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
This subject introduces students to adventure and activity tourism as a significant sector of the leisure and tourism industries. Key issues relating to the historical development of tourism, the rise of adventure tourism, communication, motivation, adventure destinations and environments and ethical issues are examined to develop a contextual understanding of the adventure tourism industry. Throughout the subject, there is a focus on the leadership and group dynamics involved in adventure activities. Experiential learning opportunities are offered during this subject, including several field trips where students apply theories in a practical situation.
- Evaluate the growth and historical development of tourism and adventure tourism.
- Evaluate the learning and motivational factors associated with participation in adventure tourism activities.
- Compare the unique characteristics associated with adventure and activity tourism environments, destinations and activities.
- Critically analyse the role of leadership and group dynamics involved in adventure activities.
- Explain the key risk factors, current legislation and ethical factors influencing participation in adventure tourism activities.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- January 2023 [Standard - Adventure Tourism]
- September 2022 [Standard - Adventure Tourism]
- January 2020 [Standard - Adventure Tourism]
- September 2019 [Standard - Adventure Tourism]
- January 2019 [Standard - Adventure Tourism]
- September 2018 [Standard - Adventure Tourism]
- January 2018 [Standard - Adventure Tourism]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|