This subject provides an overview of the event management process in a variety of contexts. Specifically, students will learn to plan, organise, implement and evaluate events while managing time, budget and relevant risk factors. Students will also explore the relevance of project management, human resource management (including volunteers), meeting procedures, report writing, submission preparation, legal considerations, and team cohesion to the creation of successful events. Throughout the semester, students work on a live event and meet weekly to discuss issues and progress with the instructor and team members.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to manage and market an event from conceptualisation to planning, staging and post-event evaluation.
2. Explain the process and principles of event management.
3. Explain the various types of impacts and legacies events can generate, and how these relate to sustainability.
4. Articulate the details of your event management project in a clear, concise writing style tailored to a professional audience.
5. Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others to design, plan, stage and evaluate an event.
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|