|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
Operators, investors, and government authorities increasingly rely on research data to inform decisions that aim to maximise financial returns as well as social and economic benefits of tourism-related projects. In this subject, students will learn about relevant tourism databases and develop skills in collecting, analysing, and reporting data in formats that are accessible to various tourism stakeholder groups. They will develop skills that are important in tourism and hospitality operations and related government departments, where managers need to be able to read, analyse and interpret data in order to make informed decisions and communicate results to stakeholders.
- Identify simple research questions to investigate relevant tourism issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to locate, analyse, and explain secondary tourism data and prepare relevant research insights for tourism stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, collect, analyse, and explain primary tourism data and prepare relevant research insights for tourism stakeholders.
- Prepare a simple tourism project evaluation using a triple bottom line framework describing measurement approaches and challenges for economic, social and environmental impacts of tourism.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- May 2023 [Standard - Tourism Analysis and Evaluation]
- May 2022 [Standard - Tourism Analysis and Evaluation]
- May 2021 [Standard - Tourism Analysis and Evaluation]
- May 2020 [Standard - Tourism Analysis and Evaluation]
- May 2019 [Standard - Tourism Analysis and Evaluation]
- May 2018 [Standard - Tourism Analysis and Evaluation]
- May 2017 [Standard - Tourism and Hospitality Economics]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|