|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
Managers in tourism and hospitality organisations need to have a wide range of skills and knowledge to successfully navigate in competitive and dynamic international markets. They must be adept at managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders including business owners, brand or chain managers, staff, customers, suppliers and government agencies. In this subject, you will learn about the key challenges, innovations and issues shaping tourism and hospitality now and in the future and develop skills and knowledge that could lead to a successful international management career in these industries.
- Describe the structure of the tourism and hospitality industries and the economic contributions of these sectors at national and international level.
- Identify the key skills required by managers in the tourism and hospitality industries and strategies for developing those skills.
- Describe management strategies for service delivery organisations.
- Discuss key issues related to corporate social responsibility for tourism and hospitality organisations.
- Discuss the role of government in regulation and promotion of the tourism and hospitality industries.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of various tourism product distribution systems.
- Evaluate case studies to identify critical success factors for tourism and hospitality businesses.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|