This subject is designed to provide knowledge and skills in using evidence to support decisions by those working in the health field. You will become familiar with the terminology used when describing healthcare evidence and develop essential skills in effectively using evidence in the healthcare setting. You will learn to critically appraise studies based on an understanding of research study designs; and applying the results of those studies to individuals, communities and populations. These skills will enable you to evaluate proposed health policy and clinical management options.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Explain major qualitative and quantitative methods used in healthcare research.
2. Formulate a clear question from a practice or policy problem.
3. Source the most appropriate research to answer the question.
4. Critically appraise relevant literature identifying strengths and weaknesses
5. Apply valid and relevant conclusions from the literature to develop recommendations for practice and or policy.
Future offerings not yet planned.