|Faculty:||Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine|
Australia's Health Issues and Priorities introduces students to Australia’s national health priority areas, providing them with an understanding of the epidemiological profile and burden of disease for each health issue. It will enable students to evaluate health issue causality using the determinant approach and to use this evaluation to identify interventions and opportunities to improve health across the health system. Students will develop an understanding of the social determinants of health and their impacts on health outcomes, and explore the roles, responsibilities, practice areas, and expertise of the major health professions in Australia. In addition, students will hear from a multidisciplinary team of educators and guests and be guided to consider the current and future challenges that priority health issues pose for health professionals and researchers.
- Describe the basic epidemiological profile and burden of disease associated with Australia’s national health priority areas.
- Evaluate health issue causality using a determinant approach.
- Examine the impacts of the social determinants on health status.
- Identify opportunities for health system interventions and services based on determinant analysis.
- Contrast the roles, responsibilities, practice areas, and expertise of the major health professions in the Australian context.
- Describe the current and future challenges for practitioners and researchers working in health priority areas.
- Recognise the impact of history and colonisation on contemporary First Nations health outcomes.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- May 2023 [Standard - Standard [May 2023]]
- September 2022 [Standard - Standard [September 2022]]
- May 2022 [Standard - Standard [May 2022]]
- September 2021 [Standard - Standard [September 2021]]
- May 2021 [Standard - Standard [May 2021]]
- September 2020 [Standard - Standard [September 2020]]
- May 2020 [Standard - Standard [May 2020]]
- September 2019 [Standard - Standard [September 2019]]
- May 2019 [Standard - Standard [May 2019]]
- September 2018 [Standard - Standard [September 2018]]
- May 2018 [Standard - Standard [May 2018]]
- September 2017 [Standard - Standard [September 2017]]
- May 2017 [Standard - Standard [May 2017]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|