The purpose of the Internship subject is to provide students with opportunity to demonstrate the application of conceptual knowledge to the real world via industry placement in their selected field. This allows high achieving students to integrate their theoretical and conceptual knowledge with the skills and problem solving techniques required in the work place. Other outcomes include the acquisition of knowledge, research skills and the attitudes of business professionals, the ability to think independently, grow in originality, creativity, initiative, curiosity, enthusiasm, and resourcefulness, the ability to communicate ideas, an understanding of theory and procedures; knowledge of pertinent literature; and adeptness in the workplace. This subject provides a valuable transition between university and the work place. Guidelines have been developed to increase understanding of the subject and these can be obtained from the Student and Industry Placement Coordinator within the Career Development Centre.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Demonstrate the ability to apply discipline specific knowledge to a practical context over an extended supervised period.
2. Reflect and critically evaluate on the relationship between the theoretical content of your academic work and the implementation of this theory and skills in the work place
3. Demonstrate the integration of practical knowledge and skills with standards, ethics and values of our professional discipline.
4. To provide a written communication evaluating and critically appraising the application of theory to the work place.
5. Demonstrate the capacity to work effectively in an organization
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
To be eligible for consideration, the undergraduate student will need to be advanced in their program, and have completed their core subjects. The student will need to have identified a specialisation. Students must have a GPA of at least 2.0 and must have an elective subject available. Students must gain approval from the Head of Department relevant to the placement taking place.Faculty Approval Required.
|Non-Standard Offering - Bond-BBT|
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|
|Withdraw – Financial?||12/06/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/07/2021|