|Faculty:||Faculty of Law|
This is a compulsory subject for the Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (ONLINE) which covers the compulsory practice area of “Property Law Practice”. The aim of this subject is to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge required to convey, lease and mortgage real property and provide general advice on standard matters arising under local government, planning, environmental or other legislation relating to land use.
- Demonstrate the process to transfer title by drafting appropriate instruments giving consideration to execution, stamping and registration.
- Evaluate a lease in a form allowed by law and describe matters relating to the lessor and lessee’s respective interests, execution, stamping and registration.
- Advise on creating and releasing mortgages, reflecting the agreement between the grantor and grantee and protecting their respective interests.
- Explain land use by identifying a planning scheme including other statutory provisions regulating the relevant use.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
- May 2023 [Online - Property Law Practice]
- January 2023 [Online - Property Law Practice]
- September 2022 [Online - Property Law Practice]
- May 2022 [Online - Property Law Practice]
- January 2022 [Online - Property Law Practice]
- September 2021 [Online - Property Law Practice]
- May 2021 [Mixed (Online) - Property Law Practice]
- January 2021 [Mixed (Online) - Property Law Practice]
- September 2020 [Mixed (Online) - Property Law Practice]
- May 2020 [Mixed (Online) - Property Law Practice]
- January 2020 [Mixed (Online) - Property Law Practice]
- September 2019 [Mixed (Online) - Property Law Practice]
- May 2019 [Mixed (Online) - Property Law Practice]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|