|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
In this advanced, capstone subject students form teams to produce a significant innovative screen production, such as a short film, factual, documentary, television program or online project. They take on key crew positions including, producer, director, cinematographer, production designer, editor, sound recordist, sound designer, assistant director and production manager. At the end of the year, completed films premiere at the CentreScreen Awards Ceremony in front of a panel of industry judges. Students also learn to be job-ready through a series of guest lectures by key industry professionals. They learn about industry organisations, networking, crafting CVs, uncovering job opportunities, GST, ABNs, insurance, working as freelancers, developing networks, and building a career.
- Contribute to the production of a significant cinematic or other screen project in a key crew role.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to work harmoniously as part of a creative team to make a significant cinematic or other screen project.
- Make a significant cinematic or other screen project to a high-standard and meet project delivery requirements.
- Create a personalised business plan that sets out a career pathway.
There are no co-requisites
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
- January 2023 [Standard - Graduation Screen Project]
- September 2022 [Standard - Graduation Screen Project]
- September 2021 [Standard - Graduation Screen Project]
- January 2021 [Standard - Graduation Screen Project]
- September 2020 [Standard - Graduation Screen Project]
- January 2020 [Standard - Graduation Screen Project]
- September 2019 [Standard - Screen Production 3]
- January 2019 [Standard - Screen Production 3]
- January 2018 [Standard - Screen Production 3]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|