|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
In this advanced subject, students work on a major student screen project in teams, to research and develop extensive pre-production materials, such as script development, schedule, budget, locations, casting, on-set safety etc. Students study the many factors which impact the production process, including contracts, copyright laws, business start-up, and other financial aspects. Students pitch their developed projects to a selection panel in a competitive process. Projects selected by the panel are then given the greenlight to go into production in the following semester in the subject Graduation Screen Project.
- Prepare a concept document for a short film, or other screen project, and pitch it to a selection panel.
- Describe the requirements and responsibilities of specified crew roles.
- Develop the finance, marketing, and distribution business case for a short film, or other screen project.
- Develop a short film, or other screen project, project through to the end of the pre-production stage.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- May 2023 [Standard - Standard [May 2023]]
- September 2022 [Standard - Standard [September 2022]]
- May 2021 [Standard - Standard [May 2021]]
- September 2020 [Standard - Standard [September 2020]]
- May 2020 [Standard - Standard [May 2020]]
- September 2019 [Standard - Standard [September 2019]]
- May 2019 [Standard - Standard [May 2019]]
- September 2018 [Standard - Standard [September 2018]]
- May 2018 [Standard - Standard [May 2018]]
- September 2017 [Standard - Standard [September 2017]]
- May 2017 [Standard - Standard [May 2017]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|