|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
In this highly-practical, workshop-based, advanced subject, you will dive deep into the world of international sports broadcasting, including real-time, augmented reality 3D graphics technology. The rapid adoption of VizRT technology has created a demand for qualified motion graphic designers and operators, cross-discipline journalists, broadcast operators, and technical crew. Through immersive, hands-on practical work, and specialised training, you will gain in-depth knowledge of sports broadcast production, virtual reality and real-time 3D graphics. You will also work together as large production crews to produce sports broadcasts that are streamed live to the world.
- Create real-time 3D broadcast graphics using the VizRT system, including Viz Artist, Virtual Studio and integrated technologies.
- Critically assess the aesthetic and technical qualities of 3D broadcast graphics created using the VizRT system, including Viz Artist, Virtual Studio and integrated technologies.
- Work collaboratively in creative teams, demonstrating advanced problem solving, negotiating and influencing necessary to produce sports broadcasts.
- Effectively perform a number of crew roles and responsibilities to a high level that enables them to undertake outside broadcast productions using industry expected protocols and processes.
- Operate specialised technology and troubleshoot the range of technical issues that arise during outside broadcasts.
- Reflect upon and analyse creative, structural, aesthetic and contextual aspects of their own sports broadcast work.
There are no co-requisites
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|