|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
This subject explores the actor/director relationship. It introduces students to the approaches and practices of working with actors to rehearse and achieve powerful screen performances. Furthermore, it demystifies how actors approach their work, the language they use to discuss their work, and the theoretical models developed over the past century, such as Stanislavski, Brecht, and Method, upon which most actors build their performance techniques.
- Analyse a script to extract its story-elements and the character's, objectives, subtext, and units of actions.
- Successfully apply a range of theoretical approaches to developing screen performance.
- Successfully communicate with trained actors in a performance language that is familiar to them.
- Approach the rehearsal and staging of dramatic scenes in a collaborative manner with actors that encourages their creative input.
- Successfully work with actors in a collaborative manner to achieve an authentic performance.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- May 2023 [Standard - Directing Actors]
- September 2022 [Standard - Directing Actors]
- September 2021 [Standard - Directing Actors]
- May 2021 [Standard - Directing Actors]
- January 2021 [Standard - Directing Actors]
- September 2020 [Standard - Directing Actors]
- January 2020 [Standard - Directing Actors]
- September 2019 [Standard - Directing Actors]
- January 2019 [Standard - Directing Actors]
- January 2018 [Standard - Directing Actors]
- September 2017 [Standard - Directing Actors]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|