|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
In this highly-practical, workshop-based subject, students are introduced to the operation of an advanced modern broadcast television studio, and the production of weekly live broadcast programs (such as News, Current Affairs, Magazine, Variety and Music shows). Emphasis is placed on rotating production roles, studio etiquette, studio management, teamwork and program planning.
- Critically review different forms, styles and genres of television multicam production.
- Work collaboratively in creative teams, demonstrating advanced problem solving, negotiating and influencing necessary to produce multi-camera productions.
- Effectively perform a number of crew roles and responsibilities to a high level that enables them to create multi-camera productions using industry expected protocols and processes.
- Reflect upon and analyse creative, structural, aesthetic and contextual aspects of their own work.
- Operate specialised technology used in modern multi-camera television productions and be competent in the use of this technology in a live broadcast situation.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- January 2023 [Standard - Live Television Broadcasting]
- September 2022 [Standard - Live Television Broadcasting]
- September 2021 [Standard - Live Television Broadcasting]
- September 2020 [Standard - Live Television Broadcasting]
- January 2020 [Standard - Live Television Broadcasting]
- September 2019 [Standard - Television 1: Studio Production]
- January 2019 [Standard - Television 1: Studio Production]
- September 2018 [Standard - Television 1: Studio Production]
- January 2018 [Standard - Television 1: Studio Production]
- September 2017 [Standard - Television 1: Studio Production]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|