|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
Organisations use their data for decision support and to build data-intensive products and services. The collection of skills required by organisations to support these functions has been grouped under the term Data Science. This subject will articulate the expected output of data scientists and then equip students with the ability to deliver against these expectations. A particular focus will be given to the tools required to model, store, clean, manipulate, and ultimately extract information out of stored data.
- Demonstrate proficiency in statistical learning techniques using the R programming language.
- Demonstrate ability to access data from databases using SQL, APIs and traditional formats.
- Build data-driven statistical models to address big data focused business problems.
- Apply data visualisation techniques to communicate solutions to management.
- Communicate technical solutions to non-technical stakeholders in a professional, concise written report.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- January 2023 [Standard - Standard [January 2023]]
- September 2022 [Standard - Standard [September 2022]]
- January 2022 [Standard - Standard [January 2022]]
- September 2021 [Standard - Standard [September 2021]]
- January 2021 [Standard - Standard [January 2021]]
- September 2020 [Standard - Standard [September 2020]]
- January 2020 [Standard - Standard [January 2020]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|